IRM - Research & Analysis (Classroom)Name: IRM - Research & Analysis (Classroom)Date: August 1, 2019Time: 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM PDTRegistration: Register NowEvent Description:
Getting my MIRM was a personal goal of mine I set early on in my career. Through the coursework, group discussions, and case study I was able to take a macro look at the entire development process and dive into the micro components that make it all come together. The knowledge gained from the past year of work is more than you could ever gain from "on the job" experience. Also, getting to hear from other builders and professionals in the industry opened my eyes to how others may look at deals or overcome obstacles in projects. Completing my MIRM is one of my proudest achievements - I'm so glad the BIA was able to facilitate a great environment to get it done!
Abigail Johnson, MIRM
Marketing Coordinator | Cresleigh Homes
Bring your scenarios worksheet!!
Understand the foundation of new home research and analysis and apply it with experiential in-person activities.
The Principles of Residential Marketing is made up of 2 classes:
Research & Analysis Online course (part 1) must be completed and paid for separately (and is a pre-requisite) to the classroom version. The online course will help you begin to build the skills necessary to get your single- and multifamily homes to market and continually monitor their success, whether you are a builder, developer, land planner, designer or real estate professional. By completing this online component of the course, you will be able to:
- Understand roles and responsibilities of builders and developers for development of a community.
- Define, conduct and compare market research to determine location, product and target market.
- Understand the macro and micro aspects that must be analyzed for site selection.
You will be asked to bring completed materials from the online course for use in activities in the classroom (part 2) so it is critical that you complete all aspects of the online course and prepare accordingly before coming to the classroom.
This classroom course (part 2) that will be held on August 1st in Roseville, CA applies the research and analysis concepts through hands-on training using your completed exercises (required) from the online course. You will deepen your understanding of the key aspects of adaptability, evaluations, level of control and flexibility to achieve successful development projects. Learn how to continually revisit and revise strategies based on ongoing research. By completing this component of the course, you will be able to:
- Create a pro forma and annual budget and be able to explain the impact of financial considerations on development decisions.
- Apply research findings to your product to ensure success with your target audience.
- Complete a detailed product analysis, comparing your product?s value and purchase process to other builders, communities and resale.
- Apply best practices for evaluating the product design, pricing and marketing campaign
Click "Register Here" button above to register for the Part 2 Classroom course.
Special Instructions: Part 1 (online) must be taken prior to Part 2 (classroom) and the worksheets completed during the online portion must be brought to the classroom portion of the course. Students are strongly encouraged to take Research & Analysis before Strategy & Implementation for the most valuable learning experience if working towards the CMP and/or MIRM designations.