California employers with 5 or more employees are required by law to provide two hours of sexual harassment and abusive conduct prevention training to all supervisors and one hour of such training to nonsupervisory employees before January 1, 2020. These sessions need to occur in a classroom setting, through interactive E-learning, or through a live webinar. Training is required once every two years and within six months of hire or promotion.
Topics of Discussion·
Our presenters will be Yvette Davis and Mike Parme with Haight Brown & Bonesteel LLP
- Sexual and gender based harassment, and the statutes and case-law prohibiting such conduct;
- Harassment based on gender identity, gender expression, and sexual orientation
- The types of conduct that can be sexual harassment and the remedies available for victims of sexual harassment;
- Strategies to prevent sexual harassment;
- Supervisors’ obligation to report harassment;
- Practical examples of harassment;
- How employers must correct harassing behavior, including harassment by supervisors; and
- Effective anti-harassment policies.
This in-person workshop training will include questions that assess learning, skill-building activities to assess understanding and application of content, and hypothetical scenarios about harassment with discussion questions.”
BIA Member Pricing - $50 per person, Non-Member Pricing - $75 per person
Groups of 5-9 will get a 10% discount, use Promo Code - BIA10HR
Groups of 10+ will get a 20% discount, use Promo Code - BIA20HR
Both Supervisory and Non-Supervisory Employees able to attend to fulfill their state requirements.