1. Governor’s Executive Order - Presumptive Standard for COVID19
2. North State BIA continues to be in close communication with local jurisdictions regarding the need to continue to support homebuilding in our region. Local government has been responsive to our industry needs and we invite members to review our summary of agency/jurisdictional updates.
Click Here for Agency/Jurisdictional Updates - Residential Construction - PDF Format
Click Here for same document as above, but with tabs for each county in a sortable spreadsheet to download
3. The North State BIA has assembled a variety of resources and links to organizations including OSHA and CDC that provide guidance for workplace safety and COVID19.
See below for COVID-19 Safety Resources
Click Here for Placer County Response to Outbreaks
5. The California Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response website contains up-to-date information regarding Governor Newsom’s March 19th Stay at Home Executive Order.
Click Here for checklist/memo from the California Department of Public Health regarding outbreaks in workplaces
COVID19 Safety Resources
Safety is the building industry’s top priority. The following resources are available to those looking for timely guidance and best practices.
The federal government has OSHA safety guidelines as well as guidance on the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) webpage on COVID19.
The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) has the Jobsite Safety and Recordkeeping Guidance for Coronavirus page that offers comprehensive Preparedness Plan, a jobsite checklist, template notifications to employees, OSHA guidance, and a jobsite safety poster that can be downloaded and displayed at jobsites. Resources are in both English and Spanish. NAHB has published a video toolbox talk that demonstrates proper safety precautions for workers on a home building job site to prevent the transmission of the new coronavirus that causes the COVID-19 illness. The video, available in English and Spanish, illustrates real-world examples of implementing guidance NAHB has provided during the coronavirus crisis.
Governor Issues New Mask Guidelines - June 18, 2020
Gov. Gavin Newsom issued new guidance requiring members of the public to wear facemasks because people who are infected but are asymptomatic or pre-symptomatic play an important part in the spread of the virus and the use of face coverings can limit the release of infected droplets when talking, coughing, and/or sneezing. There is also long-standing state industry guidance for construction sites and the state continues to ask that the construction industry review the guidance, prepare a plan, and post the following checklist for the construction industry in your workplace to show customers and employees that you’ve reduced the risk and are open for business.
A Few Examples of Builders Proactively Addressing COVID-19
Local builders have been leading the effort to ensure jobsite safety. Below are some of their specific best practices.
· Ensuring 6 feet separation at all times and limiting the size of work crews in the house
· Providing extra wash stations and gloves, masks and hand sanitizer
· Posting best practices (English and Spanish) notices on each house
Managing Vendors and Trades
· Staggering vendor deliveries and trades on site so they are not there at the same time
· Limiting size of groups doing frame walks
· Closing construction office trailers
· Closing sales offices, except for appointments
· Wiping down all surfaces in homes before walk throughs with customers
Safety and social distancing verified by Jerry Bach, Vice President of Workplace Safety Program, The Safety Center